Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our Little Threat Maker

Lately Isabella has been making what Leo and I call "threats".

We believe it is her lack of talking back which has led to this.

If you tell her not to do something or take away something that could potentially be dangerous to her (lets say a power cord to the laptop) she gets mad, my friends.

Very mad.

So mad that she now gives us a threat.

What does she do?

After vocalizing that she is indeed, unhappy, she looks at you with those big eyes of hers.

She may even give you a tiny smile.

You, the unsuspecting victim, smile back at her lovingly.

She then leans down to your arm, finger, leg....basically anything that is in reach.

She'll put her mouth on you. Silly you thinks she is going to give you a kiss.

Oh, no, my friends, there is no kiss to be given.

Instead of a sweet kiss she'll give you the tiniest of bites.

And sometimes?

They just aren't so tiny.

It may even hurt.

But what has us laughing (behind closed doors--in no way in front of her!) we crack up.

Laughing because our 10 month old is already threatning us.

She is giving US the ultimatum.

"You better let me play with this cord. Or you MAY get bit".

Classic.

I can't wait until she's older and can talk.

I'm sure I will have quite the funny stories to tell!

***Note: She only does this to adults or pre-teens. She has never hurt another child. Ever. Please do not be afraid to let your child play with mine.***

14 comments:

Jenny said...

So funny! I guess she is getting to that stage where she wants everything and sight and thinks that it is hers to have. I can't believe she is biting! Yikes!
Will would still enjoy playing with Bella I am sure!

Allison R said...

Ahhh...the biting stage. You'll be glad to hear that it eventually goes away.

A Crafty Mom said...

Yes, a fun stage indeed. Thank goodness they're so cute!!!

Patrice said...

lol! Aww she's lucky she's cute, huh?! I love the note at the bottom! You crack me up! I'm sure any little kid would be happy to be Bella's playmate!

Stephanie said...

That is pretty funny :)

Kids can be so hilarious!

PS: Wait until you see the cute little blog Krizzy Designs has put together for me after your referral! SOOOO ADORABLE :) Thanks for the guidance!

gina said...

lol. Oh yeah, I have never been fooled into thinking that even the littlest tyke doesn't know.exactly.what.they.are.doing. And it's only the beginning...:)

Anonymous said...

My son does or at least did a similar thing (I haven't seen him do it too recently... they grow up so fast! ::sniff::), not with biting, but he'll like hold up a toy like in a threatening way - I don't know how to describe it really but the gist is, "Give me my way or the teddy bear gets it!!!" too cute

Jill and Rick said...

Oh what a little stinker! I'm going to try to call ya in a few minutes when we get in the car.

Love you!

Mom

amanda said...

oh no the biting stage!! is it totally lame if i say i hope that stage skips our house??

btw love the "note" at the end of the post...doesn't change our plans. we will be over later to make messes!!

oh i wish :)

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

That does bring back memories...Lorelai was a biter. Legare was the BITEE

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, how fun! Just another of the many stages.

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

hahahahahaha! this has me totally cracking up!

Wendi said...

Babies should come with warnings about things like this.
I think it is safe to say... you have your hands full!!!

Becks said...

Oh my goodness Sophia is doing the same thing! Those tiny little teeth hurt!!!